.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Stollenwerck Mania!
Friday, October 08, 2004
  FAQ To Get Up And Running...
Stollenwercks from across the land are reporting in. I'm gratified. We may be on to something here, so don't be left out. Here's what everyone wants to know:

Q. How do I participate in the Stollenwerck Mania weblog? Do I send my stories, pictures, and so forth to you? Or can I join so I can do everything myself?

A. There's two ways.

Method #1: I am the administrator of the blog. If you want to start a new posting, email me anything you want including pictures and I will post it for you with a credit to you at the bottom of the entry so everyone who reads it will know who wrote it. Do this by clicking on James Stollenwerck under Contributors to the right of the blog home page where you'll find a button saying "Email." Your email address will remain anonymous. Click on comments at the bottom of a post if you want to say something about it. Click on the envelope at the end of the post if you want to email the person credited with writing the post.

Method #2: Become a member of Stollenwerck Mania weblog. Do this by expressing interest in an email to me. Contact information is in Method #1. I will send you a separate email with an invitation to join. You'll be asked to click on a link which will register you on Blogger as a Stollenwerck Mania Team Member. It will ask for your name and your email address. Your name and profile will be listed alphbetically under Contributors to the right of the home page.

Three Advantages of Method #2:
1. You will be notified automatically by email each time someone posts to the blog or makes a comment on someone elses post so you can take a look.
2. You don't have to do anything. You aren't obliged to be an active participant to get email notifications sent to you.
3. You can make your own posts without sending it through me.


One Thing To Know About Method #2:
Your email address and personal profile will be available to everyone visiting the blog. This may or may not concern you because of security reasons like spam and the like. Only Stollenwercks and decendants are being invited to read and join, so I don't think we're running a risk. I could be wrong. I have the power to remove Team members as Administrator, for what it's worth.

All Stollenwercks who opt not to become Team Members will receive a periodic email reminding them new postings have been published.

That's about all I can think of for now. Your comments at the end of this post will be welcomed if you can improve on the system.


Posted by Jamie Stollenwerck

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
There are about 46 people using the name Stollenwerck in the United States today. That's .0000002 of the population. Seven digits to the right of the decimal point. Rare? You bet. This Blog shares information about Stollenwercks who are alive and those who aren't because it's "doable." I wouldn't want to try it with the name Smith. It's hard to hear the sound of one hand clapping, though. Please help it be a success and pitch in until we reach critical mass. Thanks, Jamie.

ARCHIVES
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 / 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 /


Powered by Blogger